Cannock Chase Trigs
- Race Date/Time: Sunday, 9 January 2022 11:00 am
- Race Status: Date TBA
- Race Organiser: Mercia - Bob Dredge
- Race Registration Location: Milford Hall Cricket Club on A519 near Brook Lane, Brocton, Stafford, ST17 0UL. GR973204 on OS127
- Race Entry Type: Pre-register Only
- Race Entry Fee (£'s): £11 for FRA members, £13 otherwise
- Race Total Ascent (metres): 500m
- Race Distance (km): 27km
- Race Category: CL
This will be the 32nd running of this race but, given some changes need to be made. In particular:-
- There will be no entry on the day. Pre entry ,by Thursday 6 th January, will be through the SI entry system-http://www.sientries.co.uk/
- There will be no drinks provided at the Moors Gorse check point.
- The course will not use the Brereton Spurs check point used in previous races.
- SI timing will be used and runners will be allocated “dibbers” to be collected at registration (unless own ones are used), and as before
- FRA mandatory kit-full waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, map, whistle and compass must be worn or carried. There will be checks and “no kit no go”.
- 2 minute time out both ways at Moors Gorse to allow for safe road crossing.
ENTRY - Pre entry only through SI, Fees are £11 FRA members, £13 non-FRA. Entries open 1 November, close 6th January, limit 110 competitors.
CAR PARK and REGISTRATION - Milford Hall Cricket Club, Main Road, Milford,ST17 0UL. Registration from 09.40 and closes at 10.35 prompt. Race briefing at start at 10.50.
START - to east of Dora Rose nursing home, Milford Common,10 minutes’ walk from registration-do not park here please.
EMERGENCY CONTACTS - 07974 089335 or 07539 251510
COURSE - approximately 26.5k with 540 metres of climb (FRA category CL) - mainly on tracks and paths but some open terrain (depending on route choice).
There will be a compulsory retirement cut off at Moors Gorse at 65 minutes on the outward leg and runners not meeting this will be required to not proceed to Castle Ring but return to the finish.
All runners must visit the following check points taking their chosen routes (Note a race specific map can be purchased through SI entry process and a copy will be on the Mercia website).
- Start Milford Common(GR 975210)
- Rifle Range (995 180)
- Moors Gorse( 025 151)
- Castle Ring( 043 128)
- Moors Gorse( 025 151)
- Glacial Boulder(980 181)
- Finish Milford Common( 975210)
and then report to registration to download time taken and return dibber.
There will be a charge of £40 for any dibber lost or not returned on the day.
Results will be updated frequently on the day and shown on the Mercia web site
POST RACE REFRESHMENTS will be provided, at no charge, at the Cricket Club. Changing and showers may be available dependent on risk assessment at the time.
Race Organiser-Bob Dredge- firstname.lastname@example.org, 07974 089335